Sunday, July 12, 2009

YEAH!! A new best friend!

YEAH! We got Spencer! We adopted him and I've already bought everything I could think of for him. 

He is soooo Super Sweet! Today i took him for a car ride to Petsmart. He did really good in the car and stayed seated in the back seat. He does pull pretty hard on the leash though. We'll have to work on that. Petsmart was a little crazy. I could tell he was overwhelmed by all the people walking and dogs barking. I won't be doing that again anytime soon. 

I thought I would just take him to pick out a doggy bed and toy but I ended up just grabbing a doggy brush and getting the hell out of there. 

I'm SO HAPPY! I am going to pick Matt up from work with Spencer in the back seat. That would have been the best surprise ever if I hadn't already texted him that we got him. 

OK, on a side note-- I wanted to share how I almost messed up my vegan diet today. I had bought this Macaroni & Soy Cheese frozen meal, I think its Amy's brand, and I thought it was vegan. I was all excited and getting ready to eat it when I noticed it said Caseinate (animal protein) and was like WTH! Why would they go to all of the trouble of not using real cheese to then throw Casein back in there?? I really had my heart set on it so I went ahead and cooked it while fighting in my head on what to do. I ended up deciding it didn't look yummy enough to eat and feel guilty for it. The 2x I had some kind of milk or cheese since I started this diet I ended up with a big tummy ache, so knowing that it makes it super easy just to stay away. Anyway, Im still pretty proud bc I really did want to eat it, but found a way to talk myself out of it. I actually threw it in the trash while saying outloud (yes to myself) "We don't eat this kind of stuff." 

Speaking of eating--Any tips for getting a dog to eat? Nobody knows what this dog has ate and liked in the past and he just isn't eating. I even bought meaty food. I guess I'll try mixing in a wet dog food with the dry.

Right now he is sitting under the desk right by my feet. What a happy life.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, he is super cute. I can't wait to meet him. Mona can't either.

    ReplyDelete