Tuesday, July 7, 2009

WTF! Who Stole my car?!

OMG I can't even believe it! Matt & I went out to our driveway to go to work this morning and he was looking for my keys in the console of our Prius. He looked at me & said "Where are your keys?" And I said, "Where is the CAR?!" We looked at each other dumbfounded for awhile and then looked around the yard like it was going to appear.. We then circled the whole house & went over what we did with the car the day before. We just couldn't believe it. 

You know when you come out to a huge parking lot and can't remember where you left your car, and start to think someone had to have stolen it, but you know thats crazy. Thats how it feels. We just keep repeating, "Really?" 

So ya, we must have left the Prius unlocked and whoever opened it was very lucky to find the car keys to our Scion and just took it. I bet that was a very exciting find for them. I hope they get a ticket for my inspection being expired, along with being pulled over at gunpoint. 

The scary thing is my keychain also has the house key, so we are rekeying all of our locks today. To do this, Matt is just exchanging our front door knob system at Lowes. Sneaky devil. The rest of our locks are the smart kind that you can rekey to any other main key. 

We thought they had taken our garage door clicker thingy, but then we found it in the back alley a couple of houses down. Matt bagged it for the cops to do finger prints on it. BUT apparently they dont check for finger prints in Lewisville unless someone dies. 

I know its totally my fault. It was very stupid to leave the keys in the car like that, and unlocked. We had gone running at the park with our friends and I had separated my bulky keychain from the Prius key so it wouldn't be too much to run with. Threw bulk keys in console, ran a couple miles, came back home and forgot to lock car or get keys out. UGH!! 

What is wrong with me?

OH YA- and they better not checkout books using my library key card, OR go to LaFitness to work out! JERKS!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! That's horrible. Ya know my brother got the camero stolen in Lewisville, but that was at an apartment complex. Just strange because you are the only two people I know with stolen cars. What are you going to do? That is just the worst luck. 1 car dies, you buy another, your other one gets stolen. It's so horrible its funny. You know what I mean? Well, maybe you can link a paypal account to your blog so you can take donations for your misfortunes. I will contribute. Sorry that happened to you! I am glad you are blogging though. I am addicted to reading blogs. Maybe your internet saavyness can help me figure out blogspot. It can be tricky sometimes.

    ReplyDelete