Monday, July 6, 2009

Blogging ADD style

Ok so I made it this far. I created a title, mulled over the url address and came up with alot of nothing. I thought Brooks-stress was funny, but not very positive. So whatever, my blog is boring for now. At least I can maintain some anonymity behind the Brooks name, thank you husband. 

I do have some interesting thoughts that I've been dying to put to paper. I feel huge changes in me, in my mind. And it all started with a road trip to Houston. Pre-trip= rummaging through an outlet book store for the perfect journal and ran across the "Skinny Bitch" book. I went home and read half of it immediately and forgot to pack. ADD again.. which oh ya is another story..

So during the trip Autumn was reading the book outloud & it was hilarious! In her best valley girl voice she read, "Beer will make you fat, bloaty, & Farty!" Damn, I don't remember the quote exactly and already lost the book. 

Long road trip & long story short-I read the whole book in 1 weekend and felt committed & disgusted. I really clicked with the health concerns of eating meat- Pesticides, growth hormones, saturated fats. The chapter on Milk made so much sense. Why do humans drink milk from another species. Cow milk is supposed to fatten up and grow a calf not a human.. I'll try to avoid the gory details of the animals' suffering for now. But I really felt bad for the dairy cows, being a woman with nipples and all. 

That's all I will say for now. My journey started 3 weeks ago in a bookstore looking for a journal, and now I am journaling in an environmentally friendly way because of the book I read. 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment