Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Vegan Stir Fry

Today I ate a little better. I cooked this really great Stir Fry using Walmart's frozen stir fry veggies + sliced onion + Quorn brand meat-free Chic'n Tenders. It was so Yummy! Matt even said he didn't mind the chicken not being real. Seemed like chicken to me...

After subtracting my 2 mile run with the dog <-- my total calorie, carb, and protein count all ended up being right at 100%. Pretty cool.

My fat intake was 36%, cholesterol at 1g from the Brown Rice? weird. Sodium was at 99%.

Everyone thinks I am having to watch my protein intake but I still seem to make 100%, probably even more often than before I went veggie.. I used to just eat cheese enchiladas every day. 

Here's a rundown on what I ate today:
Breakfast- Banana + cinnamon raisin bagel + Earth Balance butter
Early Lunch- Amy's Black Bean Enchilada meal w/ rice and beans
Lunchtime snack- Jamba Juice strawberry Swirl smoothie
mid-afternoon snack- Box of organic Raisins
5pm snack- glass of Soy chocolate milk
Dinner- Faux Chicken Stir Fry with brown rice 

1 comment: