Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What works. Water works.

Here is an eating strategy that I've noticed helps me to maintain my weight and avoid cravings.
Inspired by the Skinny Bitch book, vegan food pyramid & my memaw's advice awhile back. 
Whenever I stick to this order of eating I tend to lose weight and have more energy.. When I skip breakfast or go straight for a bagel then I feel more sluggish and tend to eat more that day. I really need to focus on not over-relying on the carbs.

Breakfast-- eat Fruit & Drink water (Goes through your body quick & flushes everything out ;-)
Snack-- Nuts or 2nd Breakfast (oatmeal, whole grain cereal) Water
Lunch-- Soup, Salad, and/or Veggie Sandwich  + Water
Snack-- Carrots or some other veggie snack could have more nuts if needed.. Or Multi-grain crackers with hummus/avocado + Water, Water
Dinner-- Throw in the Veggies! Need at least 2 veggies + Protein and 1 whatevah (this inevitably will end up being a carb -- crescent rolls ;-) I'm pretty sure the Great Value Walmart crescent rolls are vegan. Someone please let me know if I am wrong.
After dinner-- Water, Water, Water No late night snackies.

Ya so looking at this I think breakfast fruit and water are the key!

No comments:

Post a Comment