Monday, September 28, 2009

Product Recommendation

IKEA Food Storage Set  $4.99
aka. tupperware

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60149673

It's not everyday that you hear someone raving about food storage. I bought this little set the other day on a whim and I am so IMPRESSED!

At first I thought man these guys are small, but now I fully realize the genius of it. Let the raves begin..

#1 Portion control! These are perfectly sized for single-servings and really help with controlling how much you eat in one sitting. There also some larger ones for keeping huge quantities in. (a 1/2 pot of stew)

#2 Less air-less spoilage-  You really want to aim for filling your containers as full as possible to minimize the amount of air in the container. With the smaller sizes even my guacamole is staying fresh!

#3 Stackable- The sizes also stack really well and fit into the bigger containers so you don't have a tupperware panic attack.

#4 Clean & Fresh-  For some reason the green lid makes me feel like I am eating healthy. I know its just trick psychology but I think it motivates me and keeps me focused on my health goals. The plastic has also remained incredibly clear even with the Spaghetti sauce test. Cloudy, stained plastic just isn't appetizing. 

#5 * Safe- According to the icons on the back of the containers; they are dish washer-safe, microwave-safe, and (SNOWFLAKE) safe.. which I assume means freezer-safe. ;-)

#6 Profitable- I bet I could have an old-school tupperware party and sell the set for $9.99!

I currently have 6 containers in use. • 1 of the horizontal large ones is holding stew leftovers • the other large one is holding pasta • 2 horizontal small ones are holding single guacamole servings • the smallest one is holding 1 serving of baked beans • the medium container is holding some mixed nuts for on-the-go. These sizes are brilliant!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I need an Ikea closer to me! We always lose the lids of our tupperware, its so annoying. Even though they are microwave safe, you should move it to a glass container before heating if they are made of plastic.

    ReplyDelete