Thursday, September 3, 2009

Vegan Egg Fail

These eggs are pissing me off--Slipping into all my food. This morning I learned that MorningStarFarms corn dogs are NOT vegan.. They have egg whites! As well as several other veggie meat products I have used of theirs. 

And then today I noticed that my Pei Wei Pad Thai leftovers have a fried egg at the bottom. UGH! So I tried eating around it some, but ended up just making myself feel sick. If you have ever had a taste aversion this is what it is like. I am no longer desensitized and now have this overwhelming feeling that I know What it is, Where it came from, and What suffering was involved to get that egg to me. I feel horrible that this baby chick did not have a life and that he is now sitting in my trash can.  

FAIL!

Kudos to Matt for not buying eggs in the past 3 months, even though that was his staple breakfast for years. 

My new goal is to cook up an emulated Vegan Breakfast- Scrambled Tofu, vegan Sausage, soy cheese, biscuits, vegan gravy, some fruit and maybe a Blueberry muffin or Banana Bread to finish the feast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment