Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lion hat shame


I'm only showing this knitting project bc I prepromised I would. Consider yourselves lucky.

It didn't really turn out little kid cute like I had planned. In fact, it seems more nightmare scare crowish. Do I go ahead and give this to my friend at her baby shower? Or do I save myself the embarassment of all the faked coos, "oh that's so, um, unique" or "aren't you crafty?" I just don't know if I can live with contributing to the future nightmares of my friend's unborn child.

Here it is-




U think moving the eyes and nose down will help?

Off to try to fix the 3 diaper cakes I signed up for.


-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

  1. The hat is well constructed. I think its the eyes and nose that throws it off. Maybe you switch the button eyes for some stuffed animal eyes...they sell them at joanns. But the hat came out beautiful, how did you do the bottom brim?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Knit using round needles-- No purling at all. It naturally curls up like that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete