Friday, January 22, 2010

Asthma/Vegan insight

After reading my last post about me having asthma I realized that I haven't had any asthma attacks all winter. Normally I have to take my inhaler several times a day and take preventative/steroid meds during this season. I pretty much JUST REALIZED this. I've never had such an easy time breathing.

I am sitting here seriously in amazement.

After some quick research I ran across this:

"A 1985 Swedish study demonstrated that asthmatics
who practice a vegan diet for a full year
have a marked decrease in their need for medications,
and in their frequency and severity of asthma attacks."

"The theoretical basis for the value of vegan diets is the absence of potential triggers, particularly dairy products and eggs, as well as a relative lack of arachidonic acid."

http://www.naturalnews.com/010443_asthma_food_dairy_products.html

I never would have guessed that I would be vegetarian or vegan. The benefits have been life changing.

This is a list of how changing my diet has effected me personally:
• 10lb weight loss and holding..
• Reduced asthma episodes
• Decreased 'bad' Cholesterol levels
• Negated PCOS symptoms
• Balanced Hormone levels
• Increased taste awareness
• Increased energy

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Me no likey the asthma. I didn't like living with you in fear that you would have asthma attack. So glad this diet is doing wonders for you!

    ReplyDelete