Friday, August 21, 2009

A Lion King baby hat

I have yet to successfully photograph any of my knitting, so I'm doing a pre-emptive post as a promise to show you this one when it is finished. 

I just started a baby hat that looks like a lion. It's so cute with 2 ears on top and a furry mane. I can't wait to show you. Right now it's just a ball of golden yarn and a 12" circular needle. Cast on 48 stitches and knit to 4-1/2"Ready-Set-Go! No crazy pattern required. (Just decrease for 12 rounds, add mane, ears, eyes, and nose)

I had 2 skeins of $7 yarn in my hand and thought I better check out the back of the store where the clearance was at and there were 2 skeins of almost the exact color (different brand) for just 99¢ each! Yeah, what luck!

I'm also going to make some matching booties with mane-like yarn sticking out at the top. 
I'm so giddy thinking about how cute this is going to be..

You know on Arrested Development when Lucille's private detective (Gene Parmesan) surprises her and she very giddily squeals "Gene!" Well, 2 things have done that for me lately-- finding the perfect baby knitting project/yarn AND finding vegan chocolate. (You will find me literally squealing in the aisle!)

1 comment: