Saturday, August 15, 2009

Don't cry for me Queso-dilla

Cheese-freak out!

I would say cheese has always been my greatest addiction. Even as a young child I remember sneaking Velveeta slices out of the fridge, even eating cheese off the floor! Yuck! As an adult I used to add cheese to everything! That is even how I trained myself to like broccoli, artichokes, and many other vegetables. 

I've done so good the last 9 weeks and I am just now starting to feel frantic for cheese. Cheese is comforting. It's creamy gooyiness tells me the world is going to be all right. BUT, I still won't do it. So I'm stuck in this limbo land of wanting it and disgusted by it all at the same time. 

I've had some major breakthroughs though. One night I had an amazing GRILL CHEESE SANDWICH!!! (Tofutti Soy American cheese + Earth Balance Butter) Here is the pic. It was really good and totally hit the spot! (Note I added 1 Spinach leaf so I wouldn't feel like a total pig. ;-)


But tonight, I am having Mac & Cheese (soy) and it is just NOT the same. I feel like crying. I won't even take a picture of it. It's horrible!

By the way, half the time I am an awful cook, so I am not sure if it is the brand or if it is me not following the directions accurately. It's like I have 2 split-kitchen personalities... I should start posting my successful food creations and my epic fails so you can see the stark difference. I'm just too embarrassed to show off the fails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment