Sunday, October 11, 2009

Health Goal for the Week- Get Well!

A week and a half ago I posted my first nutritional goal - EAT 2 FRUITS a day. I was doing pretty good with the goal until I got sick.

And Sickness decided to stay with me for a week and we're still discussing Sickness's departure. "Go Away!", I say. Yesterday Matt woke me up (11am) with Breakfast in Bed. It was a fun breakfast for a sick vegan girl. (Glass of water, glass of soy chocolate milk, glass of Emergen-C vitamin drink, fruit plate with sliced bananas, apples, and green grapes & a whole wheat bagel) 
I ate everything! And then I went back to sleep till 2pm. 

Overall, I am overwhelmed. I have been making myself get up and work for as long as I can. And then I'll have spurts where I feel like I'm finally well and I'll give in to Spencer dog's plea to go out for a walk. I just walked him around the block and Im back to coughing again. 

I really can't afford to be sick another week. I've been coughing all through the night and Matt is sleeping on the couch. I've been behind at work.. and don't even ask about laundry. All this, while Matt is in his hardest and last semester of college. Days away from his art installation at the Dallas Museum of Art. I need to get well!

So my goal for this week is TO GET WELL. Eat oranges, drink more Emergen-C, take some Echinacea, drink more water, don't exercise, sleep alot.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! We had 4 sick people in our house this weekend. It's not fun. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete